NY Off-Premise Alcohol Course (ATAP)
The NY Off-Premise course is for anyone who sells alcohol by the bottle, case, or single cans that is intended to be taken off the store premises to be consumed elsewhere. This is anyone who works in a grocery store, liquor store, convenience store or gas station in NY.
Our online alcohol certification course has been approved in New York and currently meets the requirements of the New York Division of Alcohol Beverage Control and the New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA)(Albany AT 0014).
When alcohol is sold "to go", there are times store employees can encounter alcohol-related issues. Having knowledge in advance will help to prevent these occurrences. It can also lower the owner's liquor liability insurance.
Off Premise Course Description
Throughout this course you will gain the necessary knowledge of guidelines and techniques you need to be a responsible seller of alcohol in the state of New York.
Specifically, you will learn how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability; how alcohol affects your customers; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone; how to prevent and deal with disturbances; how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors; how to prevent second-party sales; and how to refuse a sale.
The course is approximately 2 hours in length and is $16.95. Upon successful completion, you will be able to print your certificate immediately. It is valid for 3 years.
Off Premise Course Objectives
- Understand alcohol use.
- Define the effects of alcohol.
- Understand the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Know the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Understand blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little or no conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Checks IDs accurately and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales and prevent loitering.
Who Should Take The Off-Premise Course
- Liquor Store Cashiers
- Grocery Store Cashiers
- Convenience Store Cashiers
- Managers at Above Establishments
- Business Owners of Above Establishments