NY On-Premise Alcohol Awareness Class (ATAP)
The NY On-Premise alcohol awareness online training class is for anyone who serves alcohol by the glass or single bottle or can that will be opened and consumed on the establishment premises. This would include those who work in bars, restaurants, hotels, sports/entertainment venues, nightclubs and private parties.
Our online alcohol certification class has been approved in New York and currently meets the requirements of the New York Division of Alcohol Beverage Control and the New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA)(Albany AT 0014).
NY On-Premise Course Description
This course provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques you need to be a responsible server of alcohol.
Specifically, you will learn how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability; how alcohol affects your customers; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone; how to prevent and deal with disturbances; how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors; how to prevent second-party sales; and how to refuse a sale.
The course is approximately 2 hours in length and is $16.95. Upon successful completion, you will be able to print your certificate immediately. It is valid for 3 years.
On-Premise Course Objectives
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the server's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the server's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little or no conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Checks IDs accurately and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
Who Should Take The On-Premise Course
- Bar Backs